Mim's Knitting Frenzy

Follow the dark and skeery path into the dank recesses of Miriam's mind. There you will find many a knitting needle and the occasional ominous crochet hook. Sinister looking book presses and towering stacks of paper. Where various handcrafts lurk waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting...

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Silk and a Shitload of Stitches



On the left you have the beginnings of the scarf for Andie. I have swatched, washed and measured, and as a result I have cast on 301 stitches! That basically took my whole morning commute, but the balls are all wound, the stitches are cast on, the pattern is even charted, so all I have to do now is knit it, take copious notes as to when I change colors and which of the MANY colors I change TO.

On the right you will see some amazingly lovely SILK laceweight yarn that my sister gave me for my birthday!



This stuff is BEAUTIFUL! I could pet it all afternoon! I need to find out how many yards I have, but I plan on dying it.

In other news, my garden is growing (click those links for a couple of pictures of the wee tomatoes), and I even found a volunteer in there one day. The bell pepper plant is blooming, and keeps blooming, but I haven't seen any peppers starting and it's having ant problems.... I'll have to find some way to get rid of them.

And I thought I should draw your attention to this in case you haven't ever played this. The game is 1000 Blank White Cards and you can view the rules and guidelines here. It was the MOST fun I've had with my family in a long while. The basic premise of the game is that you draw cards. The cards can vary from loosing 6 million points if you don't cluck like a chicken to no effect at all, to ending the game. You can also draw new cards as you are playing, which makes for some interesting retaliation. We're big into history in my family and my little brothers came up with these cards.



The first was the one on the left titled "A Crusade Has Been Declared" (drawn by Daniel). It says "Fanatical warriors from a distant land have declared a holy war against you, you stinking infadel. -10000 (points)"

And then David retaliated with the "Jihad!" card you see on the right. It says "Suck it, Christians, Saladin recaptures Jerusalem! Your soci(e)ty wastes away in its E(u)ropean hell hole. -1000 points, France loses its knighthood." hahahahahahahah! Good times, good times....

________________________________

I almost forgot! Go check out Wanda's finished Seraphim Shawl! Woot! It's GREAT Wanda!

M